I Am Able to Help Children with Dyslexia
I provide one-on-one tutoring for students with dyslexia using an Orton-Gillingham based method of Structured Literacy intervention.
- Each session is one hour long. I recommend two sessions a week, at minimum, to best support your child.
- The sessions can be either in person or online.
- I encourage parents to observe the lessons so that they can understand how their child learns.
After each lesson, I provide information on what your child worked on that day. I will help you understand where your child is on their road to literacy.
Wilson Reading System
According to Wilson Language Training,
“The Wilson Reading System is designed for students who require more intensive instruction due to a language-based learning disability, as well as those who are not making sufficient progress in intervention. When implemented with fidelity, this comprehensive program provides multisensory, structured instruction in all five areas of reading (phonemic awareness, word structure/phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension) plus spelling.”
The Wilson Reading System was designed for students from 2nd to 12th grade who have dyslexia or another language-based learning disability.
- Demonstrates success in helping students with dyslexia to read and spell.
- Teaches the five areas of reading, which are phonemic awareness, fluency, vocabulary, phonics and word structure, and comprehension as well as spelling.
- Includes phonology, morphology, and orthography to teach the structure of the English language.
- Uses multisensory techniques to teach the concepts.